Every day we see the power of community: bringing together individuals who want to overcome a barrier with those who want to help out.
Our volunteers get as much from the process as do participants.
There’s a wide age-range of people sharing their talents via our charitable societies, from students through to retirees, and all sorts of skills and backgrounds. What’s common is people sharing something they love – access to leisure, social or employment opportunities – and a belief that communities can be fair and accessible. Contact us to talk more about opportunities.
Join our volunteer family and choose the right volunteer opportunity for you.
View our volunteer calendar to find a volunteer job and sign up.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive updates on our volunteer program.
ASABC Volunteer Positions
- Daily upkeep of sail boats (no sailing experience required)
- Rigging of sail boats
- Help with getting our participants into the boats out on the water and back onto land
- Must be a qualified sailor and will be passed by our head instructor
- Take our participants on sails
- Use a two-way radio
- Know water safety
- Upkeep of equipment
- Winterization of the boats at the end of the sailing season.
- Special events
- Help with Regattas, children’s events, special barbeques, community displays
For more information about volunteering, please contact Sheryl Newman, Volunteer Management Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (778) 945-8823.